All I can say is, thank goodness for the rules. Otherwise Maddock could be thinking that by attending only one race in the season he can give me The Needle. No such luck my son! Also, I must now publicly confess that I did not feel bad for one second of the 13 km that you pulled me into the wind this morning.
I was cursing the very thought of a 6am start in Fish Hoek for the qualifier today but it was quite likely my best paddle of the season so far, some cracking runs all the way home from Millers.
Bleak that I had to miss the Strand paddle yesterday. The rolling blackouts of Joburg were a whole lot more fun anyway now that I think about it so perhaps I should say that you lot all missed out.
Other exciting/notable happenings this week:
- Tuesday was called off due to some off the chain wind, we have definitely got the mix of wind in the week and none on the weekend all wrong this season.
- Ruby was finally dragged back into play by Farrell. I think that Steve promised Ruby that he would save him from Johnny.
- Erasmus is getting very nervous about Kantor just biding his time before he destroys him in the Cape Point.
Coming up is the Cape Town Downwind champs from Millers (I think) next weekend either Saturday or Sunday depending on the wind. Justin is going to have to show up if he wants to solidify his Needle position.
Standings in the normal place here, Ruby still has a lead over everyone with Steve taking up the next spot.

No comments:
Post a Comment